What does a typical NRG Member look like?
NRG Members are Business Owners, Partners and Senior Managers of services businesses, typically in
- Micro businesses (2-10 people)
- Small businesses (11-49 people)
- Single consultants whose clients are SME business owners.
They come from the services sector, mainly:
- Professional services
- Business support services
- Marketing services
- Technology services
They usually come from a corporate background where they have developed their core skill and have the following characteristics:
- They have clear aspirations about where their business (and life) is going - they want to do better
- They are leaders
- They are people oriented; they know that they are likely to achieve their best results through the relationships they develop with the right people
- They have a giving mentality; they actively want to help others and get a sense of achievement from doing so
- They actively seek to build their knowledge base, they know information is power.
Typically they face the following challenges:
- Frustrated about not generating enough new businessconsistently
- Concerned at not having a sounding board for business problems and ideas
- Are successful but determined to take their business to the next stage
The joined NRG to build a network of the right sort of people to support their business. This may be get more business, attract suppliers or build a group to support their business.
What they say about NRG