By Martin Davies
In my previous mastermind blog I explained what a mastermind group is and what the key aspects for success are. From my experience of running such groups for the last eight years the key benefits are:
- Skills and experience. Interestingly, working as a group with a different set of skills and experiences usually gets to a better solution to the problem at hand.
- Intimacy. Access to a closed support group of people committed to the success of the group leads to better understanding of each other’s challenges and builds strong relationships.
- Addressing the ‘right’ issues. Because the group is apart from day to day activities it gives each member the opportunity to focus on their strategic issues.
- Clarity. A well facilitated group will ensure that the real issues that are behind the symptoms are addressed.
- Personal development. As part of the mastermind process you get to understand more clearly how you work as a person.
- Accountability. You are more likely to complete actions plans you commit to as part of a mastermind session because of peer to peer accountability is a strong driver. We may be able to kid ourselves into not completing a committed action by a certain date but not your fellow members in your mastermind group!
The results can be astonishing.
I have seen business owners struggling to move their businesses forward achieve extraordinary things as a result of participating in the right mastermind group.
In summary, the two things that are key to success are:
- Quality of the people. Having a group of like-minded people committed to the success of the group is essential.
- Quality of facilitation. It is essential to have someone who can lead the group, who has a process that works and ensures it is followed.
Have these and success is virtually guaranteed!